I realize that my last post may have caused some of you to get your hopes up that I would have something new on the blog every day this week or at least every other day. Well, sorry if I gave any of you false hope, but with our BEAUTIFUL weather we have kept very busy--so busy there hasn't bee time to blog. But I'm resisting the urge to fold the pile of laundry calling my name in the family room to update the family blog.These pictures were taken on Tuesday. We stayed home pretty much all day and just enjoyed the fun of a summer day at home. So that meant some gardening and sprinkler running. Isaac and Carly are posing by one of our garden boxes that my mom and I got planted on Monday. We planted snap peas, carrots, spinach, lettuce, beets, a few herbs, two tomato plants, strawberries, and once again I'm trying zucchini--we'll see about that one. Since this picture was taken I've covered it with bird netting--but not to keep out the birds, it's for the cats. They like to roll around in my freshly sown garden soil and use it like a litter box. So until the plants are bigger, they will stay covered. Both of the kids had fun helping plant things. Isaac also helped me plant some more flowers in the front flower bed. I was putting in some perennials this time.
And sprinkler running is a little hard to do in Juneau. It often isn't really warm enough to brave the frigid tap water coming out of the sprinkler. But if I remember correctly, it was about 84 degrees at our house on Tuesday. Much warmer than a usual summer day, so the kids were able to brave the water temp. As with most things, Carly enjoyed showing Isaac how to do it. In the next picture they look like they are asking each other who is going first.


I'll have to catch up on other pictures from this week in other posts. So for now, I hope you enjoy these pictures.
1 comment:
What a fun time we had visiting Juneau and spending time with your family. We had great halibut, great walks, lots of books to read with Grandkids, fun planting the garden, a fun day riding the Tram with Bea and Janet and to top it all off, GREAT weather. Loved it all! Love, MOM & DAD
Post a Comment