Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lately...

...this has been the scene at our house.

For about two weeks now we've been working on potty training the little man.  The good news is, he's taken to it pretty well.  After just about two days, I could tell he was already developing good bladder control. I must say that compared to his sister, this is going WAY better.  But in her defense she was a bit younger and probably not nearly as ready.  This time around I held off a bit longer and I think it's really made a difference.  In fact, the last few days have been 99% dry!  Yay!

The only problem is...he hasn't figured out how to get to the toilet in time for #2.  I'm not too worried at this point, because he's not hiding when this happens.  But, you don't want to read all the lovely details. :)

Anyway, we've tried to figure out some incentives to help him be successful.  We've tried candy, but then we just skipped ahead and offered him keys to a new car.
This one... 

  
Surely he'll get it figured out before he can actually apply for his license, right?
OK actually it doesn't require keys and it's made by matchbox, but for a 2 year old it seemed like a great idea.  But it's been on our little shelf in the bathroom for a week now, collecting dust.  (Just avert your eyes from the dust though.)
  
 Hopefully, very soon I can offer him an ice cream cone from here...
  
 He loves going to McDonald's and since they have a play area, it's a perfect place for a Juneau kid in the winter.  However, our McDonald's is having an interior remodel and only the drive through is open.  It should reopen next week, so I'll start offering that incentive soon.  Hopefully that will work.

(Actually did you notice the palm tree in the McDonald's picture?  Yeah, I'd love to take him to that one!  It's actually a restaurant in San Diego.  Maybe after he's potty trained I can convince Shawn that we need to be rewarded with a trip to this specific restuarant.  Or maybe not.)

For now, we'll just try a few new incentives, keep working at it, and be happy for all the successes that come.  Keep it up little man.  You're doing great!
 


4 comments:

Lela Paden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lela Paden said...

He probably hasn't done his business because you are using a Matchbox and not a "Hotwheels!" JK.... Use what ever works. I know lately he is into shopping. They have pretend food at the Imagination shop you could give him a new piece of food each time he did his duty.

Kelly T said...

Way to go, Isaac! Keep up the good work!

And, I'm encouraged to hear that waiting awhile helped it go a little more smoothly. I think I may have started a little early with Sophie, as well, so I'll give Will a little longer than she got (although having two in diapers does not sound fun, ha ha).

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel: Hope this works this time. How was your Mother's Day? We had our first patio picnic and Tom and Judy installed our new hammock. Nader and Martha brought the picnic. It was a beautiful day. We enjoy your blog, You tell the every day stories with great skill and in a way that blesses our whole family. Love, Grandmom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails