Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Busy Mother's Day Weekend

The first part of this week has just flown by for us.  So much so that I'm finding myself doing my first blogging of the week on Wednesday night!  The main reason for this is that I've had my "nose to the grindstone" and finished up all my requirements for an online course I've been taking.  This afternoon, I finished off the last two things and emailed them off.  Now I'm just waiting for my final grade.  It feels so good to have that done.  Now I can better focus on other things, like VBS which I'm coordinating again this year and is coming up in a little less than a month.  Oh, yeah and the baby that's coming in about 10 weeks.  Sounds like there's not a whole lot going on around here huh?
Anyway, back to the topic the title eluded to--we did have a very good but busy Mother's Day weekend.  So let's just take a photo walk through Saturday and Sunday.
We started out with a gymnastics class on Saturday.  This was the first time for, well...all of us really. 
 She did pretty well though, especially for her first time.  And she agreed to give it a try for the rest of the month.  When we first got to the car, she was complaining about how the somersaults hurt her head and she couldn't do this or that.  But after a few hours, she was looking forward to telling daddy about what she had done.  And since Monday, she's been counting down until her next class.  So three more lessons and then we'll leave it alone for the summer--too much else going on.
I definitely need to work on my action photography.  I didn't get very many good shots.  There was action out on the mats, in my lap, and in my belly.  That's a lot of action to balance through and get a photo that's in focus on the subject.
This photo makes me smile.  They were doing jumping jacks for their end of lesson conditioning.
After some errand running (which I REALLY try to avoid on Saturday's, but it was unavoidable this week) we got home and got our garden planted.
Yet again, we're giving it another shot.  Our garden as a whole never seems to work out all that well.  We always have a few plants that do well, but we've never had a whole garden do well.  I'm not counting on an amazing harvest this year either, but a few good results would be nice.
This year we planted: sugar snap peas, carrots, spinach, beets, broccoli, lettuce, and herbs.  Broccoli is the new one for us.  I hope it does well. 
The kids enjoyed helping me for the most part.  I let them plant a few seeds, but they really got into it when I let them help plant the herb starter plants.
Check out the rhubarb that is growing behind the kids in these pictures. It has literally sprung back into life in just the past week or two.  It's definitely ahead of last year's schedule.  There should be a lot of strawberry rhubarb crisp for us this summer!  Yay!
I was using these large popsicle sticks to label the rows I planted.  Then I found that our little budding author used a few to write all the words she currently has in her repertoire.
You may be able to read these if you click on the picture.  The words she used were: momma, daddy, love, cat, the, to.  So I couldn't help myself, and I rearranged them into as close to a sentence as possible.
"Daddy Momma love the cat to."
Then our actual Mother's Day was busy as well.  Shawn and the kids made a delicious breakfast with whole wheat pancakes, eggs, and some fruit.  Then we had worship services and went out to eat with some friends at my favorite restaurant, The Twisted Fish.  We had a few peaceful hours at home before we went back for evening worship and then out for pizza with friends.  Our day was so full that we almost forgot to take a picture of me with the kids.  So we squeezed one in right before bed.
I'm so blessed to be a mother to these two precious kids, and to the one that's on it's way.  I don't know how many children the Lord plans for me to mother, but I'm so thankful for the ones that He's given me thus far.  Oh sure, it's not always a bowl full of cherries and things don't always go smoothly, but the joy and love my children give me far outweigh the bumps in the road that come with parenting.
Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend and enjoyed some love from your kids or shared some with your mother.

3 comments:

Amy in Edmond said...

I love the look on Isaacs face as he is digging. It's very funny.

Anonymous said...

What a special day,even though it was busy. What a good Momma you are. Love, MOM

EricH said...

Mmmmm strawberry rhubarb crisp. It has been too long since I had that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails