So this recipe isn't actually for the ice cream but the chocolate cookies that are squeezing some yummy mint chocolate chip. When I made these ice cream sandwiches I used some store bought ice cream (*gasp*--see I can be surprising sometimes), but you could definitely make the ice cream yourself. In fact, here's a recipe I would recommend. It's currently the Little Miss's favorite flavor as well as my brother-in-law's.
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
from Two Peas and Their Pod
from Two Peas and Their Pod
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) room- temperature, unsalted butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) room- temperature, unsalted butter
1 large egg
Set two racks in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 375 degrees.
In a food processor, or bowl of an electric mixer, thoroughly mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, salt, and sugar. While pulsing, or on low speed, add the butter, and then the egg. Continue processing or mixing until dough comes together in a mass.
Take rounded teaspoons of batter and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart. With moistened hands, slightly flatten the dough. Bake for 9 minutes, rotating once for even baking. Set baking sheets on a rack to cool.
These cookies are great all by themselves, of course. We just prefer them as the base for a sensational ice cream sandwich. Give them a try sometime. I'm sure you'll agree with us.
Enjoy the rest of National Ice Cream month! I know we'll be celebrating it in style. :)
2 comments:
Looks yummy...maybe someone will make these for us :-)
What a great picture! We did have lots of delicious homemade ice cream at Emily and Ben's wedding shower last night. Julie made a wonderful butter brickle and Judy made a wonderful coffee. The berry sherbet sounds cool and refreshing and looks lovely.
Post a Comment