I know Thanksgiving means a lot of things to a lot of people. I appreciate it for the opportunity to reflect and be thankful for my blessings. I truly have a lot of blessings this year. Thanksgiving also means a lot more to me after living in a foreign country. I now see a patriotic element to it, that I hadn't appreciated until we lived in Japan.
Recently I heard a few new details about the first Thanksgiving celebrated by the pilgrims. I thought it was interesting and found an online article to support what I'd heard. So here is the story of the reason for the first Thanksgiving. I hope you find it interesting. If nothing else, it's a good economics lesson.
Hope you are with or will be with family and friends to celebrate and be thankful for all the blessings God has lavished on us this year.
1 comment:
Interesting story. Have a happy Thanksgiving up there! Enjoy the free turkey & time with Mom and Dad.
Love, Sharon
Post a Comment