Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Harvest Festival 09

Carly went as a cheerleader and Isaac as a football player to the annual harvest festival at church tonight. Both of them had a great time. I'm really noticing how much Isaac is taking it all in this year. Even though he's done all this before, it's as if he's just now "experiencing" it. It's been so fun to watch. And incidentally, since we carved pumpkins and put them outside, Isaac has to greet them every time we leave the house. "Hi pumpkins!"
I went as a referee, which is soooooo appropriate being a mom to two very active kids. One of which likes to practice tackle moves on his sister. Now you know why picking a theme for our costumes was a natural process. Unfortunately, Shawn was working, but he was able to stop by for a bite to eat. Good thing he was already dressed for the party!


I ran the cake walk station, so I made oodles of pretty little cupcakes for the evening.
Which Isaac thoroughly enjoyed eating. Janet's convinced she saw him eating 5!!!
[insert giant eye roll and sigh directed at my son]
Two friends. They always enjoy being together.
It was nearly impossible to find a reasonably priced jersey for Isaac's costume, so I made one. The benefit of doing this was the ability to personalize it! I also put him in Sam Bradford's numbers. Sam had a season ending injury and has decided to skip his senior year and go the NFL draft. So I guess if he won't be wearing these numbers on an OU jersey, we'll have Isaac do it.
Carly really enjoyed playing a bunch of different games this time.


And yes, Isaac leaned more towards the games that involved eating.
Cowboy Matthias with a cupcake frosting mustache.
Most of the kiddie crowd. Both the kids and adults had some great costumes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun everyone had. You did a great job on the costumes. The letters and numbers on Isaac's jersey look authentic. I would have guessed it was real. The cupcakes look great too. Bright halloween colors. They look like a bakery made them.
Wish we could have been there. Love MOM

Amy in Edmond said...

Boomer Sooner.

You might include a cake decorating contest, then use the cakes to give away. That's what our school does and Jemma got third place in the 3rd grade.

Kelly T said...

Boomer Sooner!!!

I loved the turtle as well. My "I might have been crafty in another life" genes applaud you.

Marilyn said...

I'm sure Uncle Eric Phelps is proud of the kids' costumes! Looks like they had a blast with all the activities!

Bethany said...

The carnival is so great. Our family loves it every year. I actually submitted a picture of your cupcakes as one of my college assignments. They were sooo good.
Someday here I will get my halloween pictures up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails