Pages
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Out of the Mouth of Babes
Tonight on our way home from Bible class, Carly and I had this conversation in the car.
Carly: Mom, when are all of the days gonna be over?
Me: (thinking she was talking about today) Oh, pretty soon. We're headed home and then getting ready for bed and then the day will be over.
Carly: No, I mean ALL of the days? I just want to be with God and Jesus.
long pause....wow!
Me: Well we don't know exactly when. Jesus is getting things ready for us.
Carly: I just can't wait to be with God and Jesus, Mom.
*
*
Needless to say I was a bit floored by her simple and pure desire to be with Jesus. What a great lesson my daughter taught me tonight. Or rather, a lesson that our Heavenly Father used her to teach me. I pray I will remember to think of my meeting up with Jesus in the same innocent and powerful way.
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Wow, it's always amazing how early children love God and want to be with him. They haven't gotten attached to the things of this world like some of us adults do.
Great lesson for all of us adults. thanks for sharing this with us it made my morning. Carly is such a sweet little girl.
That's VERY cool! You guys are teaching her well.
What a little angel. : ) Excited to see you guys in a week!
Oh my goodness. I think I would've broken into tears. What a precious girl!
Carly says cute things just like you did were when you were little. It must run in the family. Here's what you said; "I'm going to fill my heart up so full of Jesus that the devil will say RATS". Love MOM
Wow, that kid. Such a beautiful thing to hear her say. I know she has great parents, she must have special Bible class teachers too. Miss you guys!
That is coming from such a pure heart. Samantha said something similar to that driving home from the store one day last year. I teared up! Such special moments that we can treasure in our hearts.
Children's hearts are so pure! I love being with them. Enjoy these days, and write these things down!
We love this story from your sweet "babe". May she only grow in her desire to be with Jesus.
Post a Comment