This winter we've definitely had a more mild version of the season. Of course, our view of a normal winter is probably a bit off since the last two have been record breaking or near that for snowfall totals. But before the snow in our yard melted off, I wanted to take a picture of the kids to compare our years.
Early March 2010
Early April 2009
This is the most impressive snow pile area in our yard because it's right at the intersection of the driveway and the front walk. So when we snowblow, it tends to pile up the highest in this spot. Of course, this picture also makes me realize how much snow we really did get the past two years.This picture is looking out of Carly's bedroom window in late March. We have a metal roof so when things warm up just a touch, all the snow that accumulates on the roof comes sliding off. It's usually very noisy and then it piles up in a ring around the perimeter of the house. Carly's window gets it the worst because it's close to another snowblowing path.
Here's my front flower bed in late March 2009. The crocuses were just poking up.

And here's the same flower bed in early March 2010. The crocuses are definitely up and even the tulips are starting to poke up. I'm feel pretty confident that our crocuses will be in bloom for Easter this year. Yay! The light green stuff in the front of the photo is called Lamb's Ear (I think). I thought I had taken it all out of the flower bed when I redid it in the fall of 2008. But apparently this stuff is hard to get rid of. I had tried to plant something else in that spot, but it didn't come back the next year, but this stuff did!




5 comments:
Except we just had a big snow flurry and the ground is covered again. I hope you didn't jinx our early Spring. :) It has been a nice,mild winter. Kathryn
Well, that's Alaska for you! I wrote my blog post, laid the little man down for his nap, feel asleep myself for a bit, and then when I wake up everything is covered in snow! My mouth totally dropped when I looked out the window.
It sort of feels like I was just served a piece of humble pie! :)
I can't believe what a difference in snowfall you've had this year as compared to last year. I guess the same could be said about Oklahoma this year.
That lamb's ear is the DEVIL. We had it in our front landscaping in OK. We tried for FIVE YEARS to get rid of it and never totally succeeded. Sheesh! Hope you have flowers for Easter!
Wow, look how those 2 sweet little weeds grew in a year. Have a happy spring! Love, MOM
Post a Comment