Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last Day of Preschool

Friday was the last day of preschool for our little girl.  It was bitter sweet in many ways.  It'll be nice to have a break for the summer from the school rush/routine.  But just knowing that she's DONE with preschool seems so strange.  She's growing up so fast!  Next year is kindergarten!
Last Day of School pose
And the First Day of School back in early September
Her hair has definitely grown this year--I guess she's ready for a trim.
Her school had a combined spring program and preschool graduation.  Here's both of the 4 year old classes.
Singing in the program
And then the diploma!
I'm sort of glad they didn't have graduation caps or anything.  That could have been slightly traumatic--for Momma!
with her teacher
and the assistant teacher
I believe he wanted to perform as the second act!
He did such a great job sitting and watching the program, when we went to the front for pictures with the teachers, he was immediately up on the stage.  Hmmm, maybe there's some sort of performance in his future.
Hope you're enjoying your end of the school year festivities. 

4 comments:

John and Megan said...

Did you cry. I think I might have cried. I'm a bit like my mom that way though. I almost cried when Holly and Ella left their preschool in December. I managed to hold it till I got to the car though :)
Ridiculous, I know.
Enjoy the summer. They do grow up so fast. Good job little one!

Nicole Whaley said...

Wow that really is amazing that she will be in Kindergarten next year. When I feel like my kids are growing too fast, I always tell myself its a blessing to have healthy, growing children. But....I don't have school aged kids yet. In fact, lately when I take walks around the neighborhood, I feel a little weepy just walking by the schools. Ha!
Love the pics. Congrats to Carly.
Nicole

John and Megan said...

I forgot to ask, did you make her dress?

Rachel said...

I didn't cry, Megan. And I think part of the reason was because I was busy taking pictures. It was so bitter sweet though. Especially since we haven't decided yet if she'll go back there for kindergarten or to the public school. Decision, decisions.
And no, I didn't make her dress. I found it at a resale shop in town and it was super cheap, so I couldn't pass it up. It's pretty simple though. If it was a pattern, it would be kind of pattern.
Nicole, I still don't really feel like I have "school aged kids" but I know it's true. I guess it's party because I'm still in the pregnancy/newborn stage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails