All decked out this morning--new outfit, new shoes, and her favorite teddy bear. (It's "teddy bear week" and they were supposed to bring one.) I had the easiest time ever waking her up this morning. No complaints at all.
Daddy stopped by while on duty to wish her well. It was good too because he helped keep Isaac occupied with Grandpa and Grandma while we slipped away.

Walking in with Momma. I'm glad that she enjoys holding my hand lately. (Isaac does not enjoy it currently.)
First table activity. I didn't stay very long, just a few minutes and I wasn't the last one to leave. The room was still full of lingering parents when I ducked out. I've been where the teacher is before and I don't really like having an adult audience so much, so I "kicked myself out".
It was a lot harder leave her classroom than I thought it would be though. I've left her several times before for various reasons, but I guess it's always been with friends or family. Never with people we've just met once. So maybe my hesitation was a bit justified. But I know that most of my hesitation was just the realization of how quickly she's growing. It may sound cliche, but it really does seem like I just blinked and she suddenly appeared at four years old. I didn't cry though and neither did she. She was way too excited. And I was excited for her. I can tell I was a bit anxious though by looking back at the pictures I took. I can tell I rushed them and didn't take my usual time with them. I guess I was the nervous one this morning.This was her when I picked her up after school. She said it was a great day and that she had lots of fun. She said she made several friends, but just didn't remember their names. That's OK, there's plenty of time this year to learn names.
After school, I took her out for a little Momma-Daughter lunch. I'm really glad G&G are here, because I was able to leave Isaac with them during this time. (And I'm also glad they're here for many other reasons.) This was a special time for just us girls to hang out. I really enjoyed getting to focus on my sweet girl--who is growing up WAY to fast.


9 comments:
What a special day! Calry looks so excited. You got some great pictures. I remember the same feelings of apprehension when I left you at school the first day and then again when I left you at 1st grd. and again at OC for college. I cried each time. It's hard to set your kids off on new adventures. That's all part of God's plan as we grow older. Love, MOM
Yep, she really is growing up SO fast. She looked precious and I'm glad she had a good time. You're a tough Momma!!
Oh, and BTW, this will make Katie feel good when she reads that you didn't cry. She read on another friend's blog that she cried when her daughter went to preschool this year, and Katie asked me if she was a bad mom since she didn't cry. =O)
Okay, I'm ready to cry for you, (I've had a very long day at work) and then I read your mom's comment. I think I better go to bed even though it's only 8:00pm.
A big day! Sounds like you and Carly did well. I'm so glad she took the big event in stride and was excited about it. Enjoyed reading about her first day.
Well, Kelly, and everyone. Truth be told, I did cry. It just wasn't in the classroom or anything, and I wasn't sobbing. It was as I was typing my post. I think the emotions just came out as I thought through the events of the day. It was a big day after all.
And, Mom, I cried when you left me at OC too. That was hard for both of us, I think. But you're right. I think it's normal and definitely all in God's plan.
Carly sure looks excited! Good for you to not stay too long in the classroom - I remember lingering parents too from my teaching days! Although I have a feeling things will be different when I'm on the parent side and not the teaching side someday!
Makes me pause, too, and want to appreciate every moment with Naomi....she's growing and time doens't stop, does it? Carly looks so sweet in those pics.
So, a few weeks later, I'm finally emotionally stable enough to write a sensible comment. Rachel, this entire blog posting was special. I read it the same day I dropped Holly and Ella off for their first day of preschool. I too cried, but not in the building. However, I was a terrible mom and forgot the camera. Hopefully a friend of mine will send me the pictures she took of them. You are a fabulous mom. I related to many aspects of your preschool post, thank you!
Love you.
Post a Comment